Fairy Garden Goodness
We recently got some awesome craft sets for my daughter’s birthday, and one of them was a Fairy Garden Kit. It was so fun putting the set together that I highly recommend it! And you could definitely do-it-yourself very easily with these simple steps.
- Large flat bowl
- Decorative items (tiny house, mushrooms, fairy, fake flowers)
- Colored sands or gems
- Or buy the kit on Amazon
Start by painting the large bowl that the dirt will go into. Focus on the sides and the lip of the bowl, since it will be filled up and covered on the bottom. Let dry completely.
- Paint any other ceramic objects that you can find at your local hardware or dollar store (mushrooms, flowers, leaves, tiny house, etc). Add fine glitter before it dries for some extra sparkle for those fairies!
- Once everything is dry you can start to put it all together!
- Add a layer of dirt about 2 inches deep in the bowl. Add a little water so it is moist and not loose soil. It’ll help for pressing in the pieces so they don’t fall over.
- Put in the ceramic pieces first and find the right spots for your little fairy village.
- Add colored sand, rocks, and gems in the front half of the bowl (not in the back where the plants will go).
- Put in those sweet little fairies and fake flowers!
- Now add the seeds in the dirt in the back half of the bowl. Make sure to push them down into the dirt or cover with another layer of dirt.
- Water the dirt a little bit more. Set in a sunny window and wait for it to grow!