This is another great hand-me-down recipe from my mother-in-law that is delicious and easy to make! Our entire family likes it, and our kids will even eat the veggies. It can be served hot or cold, so it also makes for a great lunch that you can pack for work. Add any veggies you want, but be aware of any that may create extra liquid like tomatoes.
Goes great with my Parmesan Baked Halibut as well!
- 2 cups pearled couscous
- 2 zuchinis
- 1 carton mushrooms
- 1/2 onion
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- Fresh mint (optional)
- Lemon (optional)
- Make the pearled couscous according to the directions in a medium size pot. Add in a little extra olive oil while cooking to help keep the pasta separated.
- Cook the veggies in a separate pan and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine together and add a few more tablespoons of olive oil.
- For an extra burst of flavor add some fresh mint and lemon!
- Goes great with my baked halibut recipe too.