This recipe is almost too simple to make that you'll be thinking about making it all the time! And the best part is that it's easily adaptable to be made with any fruit you like. Or mix and match and get creative! It's a great dessert that is a little healthier than most, with great grains and nuts added to the mix as well.
- 4-5 large apples
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped
- 1 cup flour
- 1-1/4 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) cold butter, cut into small pieces
- Preheat to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x13" baking pan.
- Peel, core, and slice apples into 1/4-inch slices. Place apples in a large mixing bowl and toss with sugar, lemon juice, flour, and cinnamon. Spread out evenly into pan and set aside.
- In another large bowl, mix together the nuts, flour, oats, sugar, cinnamon, and salt for the topping. Add in the pieces of cold butter and stir up to break it up to small pieces in the mix.
- Top apples evenly with the dry mixture and bake until apples are bubbly and topping is golden brown, about 45 minutes.
- Eat it while it's hot!