Here is the recipe for the perfect no-bake homemade play-dough recipe. Easy and only a few ingredients! We just made 5 batches in about an hour - so if you have a toddler that loves colors like mine does, plan on making a lot!
- One container of salt = 4 batches
- Don't skip on cream of tartar, it preserves it for months.
- Add the food coloring before heating up; color won't mix as well once flour added.
- When you warm up the ingredients they don't have to fully dissolve.
- Teach your child about color mixing while you create the recipes!
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1 tablespoon cream of tartar
- Food coloring
- 1 cup flour
- Combine the water, oil, salt, cream of tartar, and food coloring in a saucepan and heat until warm.
- Remove from heat and add 1 cup flour.
- Stir until all of the liquid absorbed by the flour.
- Put on a counter or cool surface and knead until smooth. If too sticky add a little more flour to the counter, just like you would with cookies.
- Let 'em at it! Ready to play once it cools off.
- Store play-dough an airtight container or a Ziploc baggie.