Sticky-Icky BBQ Chicken Legs
In the summertime, we love to have our friends over for a swim and dinner. When we’re hosting I try and pick meals that are simple, yet filling after working up an appetite! One of my go-to meals is sticky BBQ chicken legs and pearled couscous with veggies. Everyone will be licking their fingers after this delicious meal! Perfect for kids and adults.
- 12 chicken legs
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ⅓ cup honey
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- I like to marinade the chicken ahead of time so it’s ready to go in the middle of a party, but you can also do it on the fly right before dinner.
- Put all of the ingredients into a ziplock baggie and mix it around (keep in the fridge if you’re cooking later).
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Pour the chicken legs and all the extra sauce in a glass pan.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, and turn halfway through cooking. The honey makes the sauce brown so you’ll want to move it around a bit.
- Serve it up with all the extra sauce and your guests will be asking for more!
Get the recipe for my pearled couscous with veggies - it’s quick and simple! It can also be made ahead and then quickly warmed up during a busy pool party. It can be easily extended for large groups and adding olive oil will keep it from getting sticky.