Mexican Stuffed Zucchini
I think everyone has seen the Delish video on this recipe - and for good reason! It’s amazing. Easy to prep ahead for busy families, and it looks impressive enough to serve at a nice dinner with friends.
This recipe has ground beef in it but honestly, it doesn’t really need it. You could easily make this vegetarian and the black beans would be filling enough as the protein. So try if a few ways and enjoy!
- 4 zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup corn (or carrots!)
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Put some oil in the bottom of a glass pan. Cut the ends of the zucchini, slice lengthwidse, and scoop out the insides. Like little boats. :) Place them in the glass pan.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook about 1 minute more. Add ground beef, breaking up the meat into small bite-sized chunks. Fully cook the beef, about 6 minutes. Drain fat.
- Stir in chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in black beans, tomatoes, and corn.
- Spoon beef mixture into zucchini and bake for about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top and continue to bake for another 10-15 minutes, depending on how big your zucchini are. Serve 'em up hot!