This recipe is simple and amazing. Simply amazing! We recently when on a vacation with a few other families, and we all took turns cooking a breakfast and a dinner. So big props go to our friends who brought along this recipe for Avocado Toast! It’s a new family favorite and deserves a spot on the blog. Plus it’s savory enough to be for any meal of the day.
- 2 large avocados
- Bread (your choice)
- Cherry tomatoes
- Balsamic vinegar
- Salt & pepper
This recipe is more of an assembly line than it is a recipe. So after a little bit of prep, you’re ready to start putting it all together!
- Start by mashing up the avocados in a bowl. Add some salt and pepper.
- Wash and cut the cherry tomatoes in half and set aside.
- Boil water and a ¼ cup vinegar in a pot on the stove. When starts to boil, turn down to a simmer. Crack 2 eggs into the water and let cook for 1-2 minutes until poached to your liking.
TIP: The vinegar makes the egg whites stay together better into a round ball, rather than spreading out all over the water. More bang for your buck!
- Toast your bread in the toaster.
- Now put it all together!
- Spread the avocado mash on your toast. Add the 2 eggs, tomatoes, a sprinkle of salt, and some balsamic vinegar (if you like it).