Carrot & Kale Muffins
Thanks to one of my best friends (who is vegan), I have this tasty new breakfast recipe which is great for toddlers and grabbing something easy when we're on the run in the morning to school and work! I freeze them and then toss them in the microwave for a quick breakfast. She loves them!
They also happen to be a great snack for me while breastfeeding, since they're loaded up with good-for-me veggies and tastiness. Feel free to add other nuts or raisins too. Enjoy!
- 1.5 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon all spice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1.5 cups applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1.5 cups carrots
- 1 handful walnuts
- 1 handful kale
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend the carrots, kale and walnuts in a food processor and set aside.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Add the applesauce, vanilla, and veggie mix.
- Mix until everything just wet.
- Put into cupcake tins and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.