Valentine's Crafts: Owl
Whooooooo loves you?!?
Nothing shows your love for someone more than a homemade craft. Especially when made by little hands! We created these sweet owls with beautiful cut out watercolor paper. The perfect Valentine for friends at school, a special teacher or Grandma and Grandpa!
1. Since we didn’t have any colored paper lying around the house, we decided to make our own paper with beautiful watercolors! Easy for your child to help with, and you can concentrate on the cutting.
2. Start by painting a variety of different colored papers. We chose purple and blue for the body of the owl, and pink for the face.
3. Once dried, draw your shapes on the back of the paper and cut out. We cut out the owl’s wings, body, head and ears from the blue/purple paper, and the heart face from the pink paper. Don’t forget to paint some feet and a beak too!
4. Assemble the pieces and glue together. To keep the paper flat while drying, put something heavy on top.
5. Glue either googly eyes or paper eyes on your owl to make him come to life!
6. Make sure your child writes their name on the back and a little love note too. Whoooooo Loves You!?!