Valentine's Craft: Snails
Let's count snails! Nothing shows your love for someone more than a homemade craft. Especially when made by little hands! We created these love bugs based off one of our favorite snail character from my book, “Let’s Count Bugs.” These sweet little love bugs are the perfect Valentine for friends at school or Grandma and Grandpa - and fairly simple to make when you work together!
1. Since we didn’t have any colored paper lying around the house, we decided to make our own paper with beautiful watercolors! Easy for your child to help with, and you can concentrate on the cutting.
2. Start by painting a variety of different colored papers. We chose green for the bugs, and two shades of pink for the snail shells.
3. Once dried, draw your shapes on the back of the paper and cut out. We cut out the bug shape from the green paper, and 3 sizes of hearts from the pink papers.
4. Assemble the pieces and glue together. To keep the paper flat while drying, put something heavy on top.
5. Draw on a cute little smile and either glue googly eyes or paper eyes to make your snail come to life!
6. Make sure your child writes their name on the back and a little love note. xoxo