Homemade Star Chart
Our little girl is almost three, and with that comes a few more battles than before. So never fear - the Star Chart is here! If you do all the things you're supposed to, then at the end of the week they can have a special prize or family activity. (Ours is riding the Coaster up to the next beach town!)
- Colored paper
- First figure out how many activities you want to track for your little one. That will help you figure out how many boxes and lines to put on your chart.
- Draw out the grid on your posterboard and put in the categories and days of the week.
- For the velcro pieces, decide on a basic image that represents the activity. Cut the colored paper into tiny squares and try and cut out the shape for all of them at once (pretty easy with thin paper). A whole lot less work this way!
- Put the velcro on the board and the opposite piece on the items.
- Your kids will love adding their pieces as they complete an activity!